The unit download count is less than a thousand still but the visibility and reviews it's received show tremendous promise!
Here are some of the highlights:
- Apple "featured" the game in most countries in their Games > Arcade > Pay Once -section
- Touch Arcade wrote an awesome review
- Touch Arcade nominated Monkeyrama for Game of the Week (at time of writing is leading!)
- AppleNApps wrote another awesome review
- Slide To Play seems to dig it
Amongst all the App Store user reviews and media-written reviews the average rating is about 4.8/5!Some figures (probably not very insightful as the user base is only ~800 and 1 week lifetime):
- D1 retention avg. ~40%
- Sessions per user ~1.7
- Avg. session length 23 minutes
So, even if the download count isn't that high yet, to me the launch has been such a success that it's a no-brainer to keep on improving it.
Version 1.1 is currently brewing and will be out soon bringing more levels in an all-new Winter episode. Version 1.2 is a bigger bunch including Game Center (leaderboards + achievements) and new Challenge Modes!
And all of the above makes me one happy Monkey!